December Match Reports


On a very cold night at Meadow Park Boreham Wood bowed out of their FA Cup run for this season.

Cheltemham deserved the win as they outplayed Boreham Wood. The home side never recaptured the form they showed at Cheltenham, and seemed to lose spirit the longer the game went on.

The goals came either side of half time, and Boreham Woods' only chance fell to Junior, who took far too long over his shot giving the keeper time to regain his position and make the save.

At the end of the night the difference in class really showed.



Boreham Wood put the disappointment of their exit from the FA Cup behind them, with a comfortable win at Meadow Park.

Wood took the lead after 11 minutes with a goal by Shaun Marshall. Things got worse for Chesham in the 43rd minute when they had No 7 Youness Nabil sent off for a second bookable offence. In the 2nd half Boreham Wood increased their lead with another goal from Marshall in the 52nd minute.

Chesham fought back and were rewarded with a goal in the 71st minute scored by Chris McGuire. But the day belonged to Shaun Marshall who completed his hat trick in the 82nd minute.

This was not a classic performance from either side, but 3 points for the Wood will keep their title hopes alive.



The poor defending of the visiting team made this an easy game for the Wood. Paul Shaw opened his account after 7 minutes and added to his score 5 minutes later. Wood dominated the play and after 20 minutes, a shot from Terry Robbins, from the edge of the box, took a deflection and found the Aylesbury keeper wanting.

The 2nd half was once again a very one sided event. So it was no surprise when the Wood scored again in the 65th minute courtesy of Mark Brown. The 5th gaol was the cruellest of the night. A shot from Rob Hollingdale which was deflected not giving the keeper a chance.

The now demoralised Aylesbury were still reeling from this when Paul Shaw scored his 3rd and the best goal of the night. It was all over by the time Aylesbury got a consolation goal in the 90th minute.

Boreham Wood were much too strong for Aylesbury and this performance was a nice Christmas present for the Wood fans.



It only took Tony Samuels 6 minutes to put Boreham Wood ahead, on a somewhat bumpy pitch. Boreham Wood never looked like losing and put on a well disciplined performance against a very physical Enfield.

On the 33rd minute, Mark Brown broke away on the wing, he whipped in a perfect cross which was a gift to Terry Robbins to head home. Enfield were completely unable to contain a very polished Wood side and on the 45th minute Shaun Marshall got the 3rd goal from a set piece.

The second half was a one sided affair, but the Wood could not add to their 1st half score. Enfield never came close to scoring, although they did win the yellow cards score, having 6 players booked against Boreham Woods’ 1.

Another comfortable win and a nice performance to watch.



Although this was a cup game, both teams were aware of their closeness in the league at present. The battle was in the midfield and both goal keepers were reduced to mere spectators.

In a rare break forward, Boreham Wood forced a corner in the 41st minute. Rob Hollingdales’ kick was meet by Gary Nisbet and the header on target was cleared off the line by a Dagenham & Redbridge defender. In the scramble that followed Steve Heffer was the winner bundling the ball over the line.

In the 2nd half Boreham Wood were the dominant force always going forward searching for a second goal.. Rob Hollingdale was superb on the left wing and set up the best chance of the half for Shaun Marshall, which was well saved by the keeper.

This was a good win for the Wood both on the pitch and physiologically.

Back To Match Reports Index :